Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Freezer Case: Wegmans Capicola and Salami Pizza

No excuses here for why we made this pizza for dinner. There was no guy's night or working late at the office, just plain laziness. The Sixers game was about to start and the lady of the house was starting to question what was for dinner. The fastest and easiest solution was the frozen pizza in the freezer.

The crust was thin and crispy just like the box had said. It was probably the best part of the whole pie. The "seasoned" tomato sauce left some room for improvement as did the toppings. The capicola ham and genoa salami didn't really enhance the pizza at all. I would have preferred it to be plain with some hot sauce, which happened to be my second slice and thus more enjoyable.

As I sit here and focus my attention partly on writing this entry and watching the Sixers game, I notice a certain sunburn sufferer (Tyler Hansbrough) from Saucy's Fantasy team is starting to rack up some points on the Sixers. (12 at halftime). I'm as disappointed with the Sixers for allowing this to happen as I am with the pizza I just ate. Needless to say we will not be getting this one out of the freezer case again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, very cool idea and definitely creative... Adding your feed now. Thanks!

    Freezers

    ReplyDelete