Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Freezer Case: California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust Hawaiian Pizza


My wife would gladly tell you (if you didn't already know) that I write way too long for the blog format. I know. I am really impressed with my own wit and it drives me to be a little verbose. I want to remedy this, however, and I thought I would begin (and probably end) with this post.

It's about the California Pizza Kitchen Hawaiian Pizza, frozen variety. And, well, everything about it was wack. The crust was crunchy and tasteless. The sauce was bland and practically nonexistent, so we had to freshen it with some tomato sauce of our own. The cheese was nondescript and a little clumpy. Then they went ahead and skimped on the ham-and-pineapple toppings, which I thought was kind of weak. But once I thought about it, the toppings were no good, so who really cares? In short, there is absolutely nothing good about the California Pizza Kitchen's frozen Hawaiian pie.


Do not buy it.

It sucks.

Wow. This brevity thing isn't bad!

Note: This should not be seen as a critique of California Pizza Kitchen restaurants. Just their line of frozen pies. But then again, last time I went there, I remember their product as being somewhat mediocre, so maybe their restaurants suck too? I don't know. Go to one and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment