Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Half-Birthday to the Nibble

The other day, I went into the nibble's room to re-cover him before going to bed and I stopped for a moment to just look at him. When did he get so big? The crib that once engulfed him now looked crowded with him and his three stuffed animals (or his "beebies" as he would call them).

Everyone tells you that kids grow up before you know it, but I really can't believe he is 18 months today. Not that I'm mourning the loss of his babyhood. Sure, dealing with full-on tantrums and actual discipline is a bit more challenging than the feed, cuddle, change diaper routine, but it's also much more rewarding. He's a like a little person, with his own ideas, mannerisms and dance moves. One of his big belly laughs is all I need to put a smile on my face. And sometimes, the highlight of my entire day is watching him clap when we get out of the car and he sees we're at the playground ... even though we've been there a million times before.


Guess I need to savor those moments because before I know it, I'll be saying that I can't believe he's 18 years old. Of course, I'm writing this while he's peacefully taking a three-hour nap on a day when I got through the entire Target shopping list without a meltdown. Check back with me again tomorrow ...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love how great you are about your child! You must be an incredible mother!

    ReplyDelete