Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tale of 3 Pies: The Little Treehouse, Fox & Hound, and Domino's

As a true pizza fanatic, I'm not ashamed to say that I ate pizza three times last Friday and was totally in the mood for it again by the time Saturday rolled around.

To quickly recap my three pies of the day:

Lunch
The nibble and I met a friend and her two girls at The Little Treehouse for some playtime and a bite. It's an indoor play space with a small jungle gym, make-believe play stations and several toys and books, as well as a small cafe with tables and chairs. Cool concept (and certainly lucrative at $8.50 per child), but I'm not sure it's a place we would frequent. Perhaps it's just that I don't have many mommy friends and I certainly cannot see myself going there to meet/talk to randoms. Or it might that most of the children over two were girls, which tipped me off to the fact that loud, energetic boy play probably isn't the thing to do there. Or maybe it's just that I don't like taking off my shoes in strange places.


That being said, I had a great time catching up with my friend and the nibble did have a lot of fun. For lunch, we shared a flatbread pizza with Lancaster sausage, tomato, mozzarella. It was tasty but the crust was a bit burnt. And it could have used a bit more overall flavor, but I suppose they are catering to a kiddie crowd.

The Little Treehouse Play Cafe
(215) 247-3637
10 W Gravers Ln (Germantown Avenue)
Philadelphia, PA 19118






Happy Hour
To celebrate a friend's birthday, we headed over to Fox & Hound for Happy Hour. Along with a few cold ones, we enjoyed some apps: Beer-battered Chicken Tenders, Ultimate Nachos and the New York Hot Pizza. While the tenders were quite tasty, the nachos and pizza were a bit of a letdown. The nacho toppings were sparse and there wasn't even any salsa! The pizza crust tasted like a too-thick frozen, the sauce was too light and the pie wasn't really all that spicy.

Fox & Hound Pub & Grille
(610) 962-0922
160 N Gulph Rd
King of Prussia, PA 19406








Fox & Hound Pub & Grille on Urbanspoon

Fourth Meal
I believe that's what Taco Bell calls it. Post-happy hour, we enjoyed a few Chap's growlers with our friend back at the house. And that's when the hubby decided that we should order Domino's. For most of my adult life, I've felt that Domino's pizza is ... well, gross. When my hubby and I first started dating (many many years ago), I even went as far as to tell him there were absolutely no Domino's locations around my parents' house, which was just a lie so we wouldn't have to order their pizza. However, I was amused by the ad campaign they ran last year discussing the very same complaints I had for so many years: cardboard crust, tasteless sauce, fake cheese. So we gave it a try. And it was better than I remembered, but nothing to write home about.

This time, we ordered a Broklyn-style crust with extra sauce and pepperoni. And it was pretty darn good. Actually, it was the best pizza I had all day. The crust was thin and foldable. The sauce was plentiful and flavorful. The pie was piping hot when it arrived, with gooey cheese and plenty of pepperoni. It sure hit the spot.

Domino's Pizza

(610) 631-9090
2030 W Main St
Eagleville, PA 19403

 


Domino's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment