Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tale of the Pie: Divino's Pizzeria

We had gotten a menu in the mail from this little pizza place located right in front of the Perkiomen Valley High School. Decided to check it out since the Mrs. and I have not gotten a pie for ourselves lately.

Let me start by saying this is not a place you would go to have a sit down meal. The shop is very small with seating for about 8 people. The majority of their business is take-out.

On this occasion we ordered a large plain pizza and a side of mozzarella sticks. The pie looked like an average one by appearance and that is exactly what it is. The sauce did not stand out and in fact would have probably been better if they supplied a little bit more. The cheese was an ordinary mixture and tasted good and gooey. The main problem I had with the pizza was the over use of basil. For me I am not the biggest fan of the little green leaves and there were some spots on pizza that were load with the stuff. As for the mozzarella sticks, they could have been bought at the supermarket for far less and the same amount of taste.


I'm not sure how long this shop has been open but I don't think it has been there for too long. I would go back to this place for the convenience of the location and the quick service I received.

500 Gravel Pike (Rt 29)
Collegeville, PA 19426
484-902-8622
--

The Pizza Project
Just a nibble: http://twitter.com/ThePizzaProject
Single slice: http://www.facebook.com/ThePizzaProject
The full pie: http://thepizzaproject.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment