Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tale of the Pie: Joe’s Pizza

On a night where we had the surprise company of my brother and his family we ordered some pizza from the place down the street. It was kind of surprising to hear Joey answer the phone in a thick Indian accent. We opted to pick the pie up since the place is less than half a mile away. With my lighting fast driving the pie was delivered piping hot.

After hearing Joe on the phone my expectations were not too high. The amount of sauce and cheese were ample enough. Nothing really stood out on taste. The sauce was pretty bland and the cheese seemed run of the mill. Unlike others on this blog I do like a somewhat doughy crust which this pie had.

I probably won’t go back to Joe’s Pizza anytime soon, however this place has been through several owners over the years and maybe the next one will get it right.

Pros: somewhat doughy crust to my liking.
Cons: bland sauce and cheese



Joe's Pizza
117 Gravel Pike
Collegeville, PA 19426
610-454-0123

Joe's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment