- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or seasoning of your choice (I used Penzeys BBQ 3000)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and paint on a light layer of evoo.
- With kitchen shears or your hands (the nibble helped me with this step) carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into chip-sized pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Use a paper towel to be sure leaves are very dry.
- Drizzle kale with evoo and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 15 to 30 minutes. You'll want to check in every 8 minutes or so to "toss" the leaves (or the ones on the bottom will end up a bit soggy).
I'm not going to lie and say these taste just like potato chips. Because, well, they are not potato chips. They are kale chips. But they are quite good and even skeptical Saucy got a second helping.
The Pizza Project
Just a nibble: http://twitter.com/ThePizzaProject
Single slice: http://www.facebook.com/ThePizzaProject
The full pie: http://thepizzaproject.blogspot.com/