Monday, February 28, 2011

Basilico's Pizzeria - Oh my, what a pie!

What a stroke of luck! First time I ventured out for pizza and I might have struck gold. In our quest for the best pizza, I think I found a gem worth mentioning, more than once. It started with a baked ziti pizza over the weekend which turned out to be pretty decent and within a week, I knew I had to try more. The baked ziti was all that you could imagine, plus more. I've had my fair share of baked ziti and although nothing beats home cooking, this was a close second. Baked ziti on a pizza was everything that I thought it would be. The tastes blended together like a baked ziti entree dish with a twist. I initially thought it was going to be tasty, but not that tasty.

After experiencing the baked ziti, I had to go back for more and the next 3 types were their own journey into something incredible. The first of three was the Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato pizza which I thought would be just okay even though it was a little pricey. WOW was I wrong. This was something special and I knew it once I smelled the fresh mozzarella and basil leaves on top. If you are trying to compare, imagine cutting up ripe and juicy tomatoes and topping them with quarter inch thick slices of mozzarella and fresh basil leaves. If your mouth isn't watering by now, place that on a rectangular pizza crust and spritz with some balsamic. Must I say more?

The next was an Alla Vodka and that was completely Alla Vodka on a thin crust pizza. I don't have much experience with alla vodka so I do not have much to say other than its middle of the pack compared to their other options.

The last was a Buffalo chicken pizza which rivals just about any other buffalo chicken pizza you can think of because the chicken to buffalo ratio was astronomical! Every bite was filled with tender, spicy chicken cooked to perfection. The amount of heat was perfect and it never seemed as if your taste buds couldn't take another mouthful of deliciousness. In fact, it begged for more.

I'm not one for writing, but I can eat with the best of them so if you are in the area, I ask you to take some time and check out Basilico's or else find yourself wandering around the island looking for WILSON!!!


Basilico's
608 Commerce Blvd
Dickson City, PA 18519
570-341-0422

Basillico's on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more with your assessment of Basilico's! I wrote my own review of the place as well. Check it out and let's compare notes! www.nepapizzareview.com

    ReplyDelete